GENERAL DESCRIPTION AND RULES
WE WELCOME SUBMISSIONS FROM ANY PERSON UNDER 20 YEARS OF AGE WHO RESIDES OR ATTENDS SCHOOL WITHIN NOWATA, OSAGE, OR WASHINGTON COUNTIES IN OKLAHOMA.
Videos must be submitted and received no later than 5:00 PM 15 APRIL 2012.
The videos will be viewed by our panel of judges (which is comprised of movie lovers and noted healthy relationship experts).Winners will be awarded prizes as follows: 1st Place -- $150; 2nd Place -- $125; and 3rd Place -- $100 all videos will be featured on the Operation Tri-County Triumph NOW Website and YouTube Channel.
The Winner will be announced and notified on or before 15 APRIL 2012.
Videos must have a maximum length of two (2) minutes or less. We are looking for creativity, so stretch the bounds of your imagination.
All entries are due by 15 APRIL 2012 and must be sent via our submission tool.
Submission is a TWO part process; your entry is not final until both steps have been completed and you have received an email confirmation of your entry from OTT-NOW.
1. Entrants must submit their videos via our file upload tool. The video must be in .wmv, .avi, .mov, .mp4 or .mpg file formats. Videos must not exceed 500MB total size.
2. Entrants must complete the entry form on the registration page and agree to the contest rules. Your entry is not complete until you have received a confirmation email. If you do not receive a confirmation within 3 days of your entry, please contact OTT-NOW at
3. Once the video has been submitted and approved for viewing, OTT-NOW will upload the video to our YouTube channel: www.YouTube.com/ottnow.
4. Winners will be notified and must execute final releases and information requests prior to payment of the prizes. Failure to do so will void the award.
5. Please submit your entry in English.
6. Winners are required to submit a DVD to OTT-NOW with a video resolution suitable for a 42” lcd monitor and the original copy that was uploaded to YouTube.
The goal of the Healthy Relationship Video is for teams or individuals to create an original 2 minute (or less) video in a genre of their choice. The central concept of the video must be the importance of Healthy Relationships.
* Each filmmaker (or filmmaking team) will be required to incorporate the following line somewhere in the video. “Healthy Relationships are . . ."
* All videos submitted must be a maximum of (2) two minutes in duration and include 21 words or less.
* Refer to the credits section for specific content that must be included.
* The videos must meet the requirements of YouTube and cannot contain content that violates the submission standards of YouTube. You may not harm real animals or people in the making of your video.
Entry Fee: There is no entry fee, but submissions are limited to a maximum of two videos per person or team.
Entry Deadline: All completed videos must be submitted no later than 15 APRIL 2012.
Format: Entries must be submitted via the OTT-NOW group on YouTube. The video must be in .wmv, .avi, .mov, or .mpg file formats. Videos must not exceed 500MB total size. Resolution of finalist videos must be suitable for projection on a 42inch flat screen monitor. OTT-NOW reserves the right to eliminate entries that do not meet the resolution requirements.
Label: Each submission must include the following information: YEAR, TEAM/FILMMAKER NAME, TITLE OF VIDEO, RUNNING TIME, CONTACT INFO (phone and/or email).
* Written credits for key technical and talent positions should be provided to organizers (i.e. director, cinematographer, editor, writer, actors/actresses) including any music and/or footage sources. On-screen credits for technical and talent positions are not required.
* If on-screen credits are included, they should be listed on one screen at the end, trailer-style, and not rolling for minutes like they would at the end of a feature.
* All videos MUST include both a title treatment for the video and a separate card credit that includes the OTT-NOW URL and Logo. The card credit should read:
Created for The Operation Tri-county Triumph NOW Healthy Relationships Video Contest www.ottnow.org
JUDGES & JUDGING:
* The judges are individuals with a love of films and experience in the healthy relationships industry, as determined by the organizer in its sole discretion. The judges will be the sole arbiters deciding Final Award consideration. No one will be allowed to be a Judge if he/she has any demonstrable bias or conflict of interest with respect to any of the Contest Entrants, as determined by the organizer in its sole discretion.
* Winner and any runners-up will be announced on or before May 1, 2012.
Entries will be judged on creativity, technical merit, adherence to contest criteria, and “How well they manage to work the whole Healthy Relationships thing into the video.” These are clearly subjective categories and will be treated as such.
The judges will not use a point system. The final Audience Award and any runners-up will be awarded based solely on the audience ballot.
Prizes: 1st Place -- $100; 2nd Place -- $75; and 3rd Place -- $50. All videos will be featured on the OTT-NOW Website and on the OTT-NOW YouTube Channel.
Ownership of Movies:
The filmmakers maintain the rights to their finished videos. However, OTT-NOW reserves the right to broadcast the videos, post them on the internet, include scenes in future promotional materials, and otherwise use for promotional purposes.
No movies may be posted anywhere other than the contest site prior to the contest. If we find your movie elsewhere before the screening, you will be ineligible for the competition. After the screening, however, filmmakers are free to post their videos anywhere they want. OTT-NOW will feature the winning video as well as runner-ups on http://www.ottnow.org or an associated site.
The organizer reserves the right to disqualify any Team, Contributor, Entrant, or Entered Video that does not comply with the Official Rules and other Contest requirements communicated by the organizer. We also reserve the right to disqualify videos submitted by or promoting competitive entities at the sole discretion of the organizer.
Anyone who lives or attends school in Nowata, Osage, or Washington County under 20 years of age can enter the OTT-NOW Healthy Relationships Video contest. Entry is open to amateurs and professionals alike. Relatives of paid employees of OTT-NOW Project Partners are welcome to participate in the contest but are not eligible for the cash prize. A special Staff Section of the screening will be set aside for any such entries and special prizes may be awarded at the discretion of the organizers.
1. As a condition for entry, entrants agree to release, waive, indemnify, and otherwise hold harmless OTT-NOW and all persons associated with the contest from any liability associated with your video and this contest to the fullest extent of local or state laws.
2. All taxes are the responsibility of the winners.
3. Entrants agree to comply with all federal, state, and local laws.
HOW TO ENTER THE CONTEST:
STEP 1: Create your video
Remember, your video must...
a) be 2 minutes maximum and contain 21 words or less
b) include the catch phrase "Healthy Relationships are. . ." in your dialogue
STEP 2: Re-name your video file so that your firstname and last name appear (in that order) in the video file name (example: john-smith.mov).
STEP 3: Upload your video via our upload tool found on the entry form
STEP 4: Fill out the entry form – It’s very important to make sure your first name, last name, and video file name all correspond (so we know that your file belongs to you).